This recipe was my first entire own one. I thought it might be a success or a disaster…luckily it ended up into my category of successful recipes! I started to think what kind of sauce would be the best one in lasagna…creamy, sweet and tomatofull, but definitely not a traditional minced meaty one! I know that my dear Aussie man loves his so-called ”Single man dinner” which is a creamy sauce spiced with lots of onions, cold cuts, salt and pepper served with tortellinis. So i decided to combine this kind of sauce with the idea of lasagne and I ended up to create a fantastic Ham Lasagne…at least I thought I did..My Aussieman finished his plate quickly and in half way through started to ask a second serving! It was a success! Here are the ingredients…
200-300g ham/beef cold cuts
1 big onion
1tsp garlic paste or one clove of garlic
2dl of finely diced spring onion
4dl light cream (15%)
3-4 tbs ketchup or tomato paste
2-3 tbs KeCap Manis sweet soy sauce (this is THE secret ingredient! This has been one of the most amazing discoveries that I wouldn’t have done without my dear Aussieman..KeCap Manis is an Indonesian soy sauce…Wouldn’t have even popped into my small Finnish mind to try or buy one without my commercial speech and praising words -and every word was true! What a brain exploding taste! Works every time!)
1 tsp black pepper
3-5tbs corn flour
1 mozzarella ball (150g)
1. Cook the onions, add ham, capsicum, garlic, cream, milk and water.
2. Let it cook for a while. Add tomato paste, KeCap Manis, sugar and black pepper. Let it cook.
3. You can thicken the sauce by adding for example some corn flour (Maizena).
4. Cut the mozarella ball into small cubes. Build a lasagne into the baking dish. First some sauce, then sprinkle some mozzarella cubes then set lasagne sheets. Repeat this a few more time to get 3- or 4-layer lasagne!
5. Bake it in the oven in 200 degrees for 30-40min.
6. Enjoy! It is delicious!