Last time when I visited one of my friends (who is also an excellent cook), she served frozen chocolate cheesecake. I couldn’t resist that cake, after every bite I just wanted to take another one and another one. In Finland this cake is also known as Nina Lincoln’s Frozen Chocolate Cheesecake. It is an amazing invention. Chocolate cheesecakes are sometimes too heavy. Whereas this one whilst being frozen is totally the opposite. It almost feels like eating creamy chocolate ice cream on the top of the biscuit base. This recipe is quite an easy one, although the baking takes some time. The cake has to sit in the freezeer at least 4 hours before serving. In fact, if one wants to make sure that the cake has been nicely freezed before melting it again for serving, one should keep it in the freezer over night. This is my summer version of chocolate cheesecake. On a hot day one can hardly imagine anything so delicious as a cold chocolate cheesecake. It replaces ice cream any time. Give it a try! It is yummy!
9 Hobnob or Digestive biscuits
35 g butter
200g dark chocolate
200g cream cheese
150g caster sugar (approximately 1 1/2 dl)
1 tsp vanilla sugar
2 1/2 dl cream
1. Make the base at first. Crush the biscuits, melt the butter and combine them to make a nice biscuit base.
2. Melt the chocolate. Mix the cream cheese, add 100g of sugar and vanilla sugar.
3. Take the yolks and add then into the cream cheese mixture. Add the melted chocolate into this mixture.
4. Whisk the egg whites so that they turn into a nice fluffy foam. Whisk the rest of the sugar (50g) into this egg white foam. Add the egg white sugar mixture into the cream cheese chocolate mixture.
5. Whip the cream and add that into the mixture.
6. Pour the filling on the top of the biscuit base and place it in the freezer over night.
Serve the cake after it has melted for a while. Half an hour gives enough time so that the cake stays cold but becomes soft.