It was my birthday and my dear Aussie man told me that I could ask him to cook whatever I wanted. It didn’t take more than a few seconds and I repiled simply ”Honey Sesame Scallops”. He promised to cook them and I tried hard to think what would go well with scallops and after a long search and comparison of different recipes I decided that it would be a champagne risotto. Here is my own recipe for that. A budget option is to use sparkling wine and no one would notice that. This risotto is an amazing combination with scallops or some white fish!
2 tbs butter
2dl champagne/sparkling wine
2 dl Arborio rice
5 dl chicken broth
pinch of saffron
1. Cut and cook the onion. Add the rice and cook for a while.
2. Add the champagne and let it boil. Cook as long as the rice has absorbed all the water.
3. Add chicken broth 1 dl at once and let the rice absorb the liquid. It takes approximately 15-20 minutes.
4. When the risotto starts to be ready grate some parmesan cheese in it according to your own taste.
5. Add a pich of saffron so that the risotto gets nice golden colour. In the end add some black pepper to finish the taste.