This recipe is one of my most recent ones. I developed this pie for our Halloween party last weekend as I wanted to do something halloweeny that has pumpkin in it. I decided to combine all my favourite flavours and it worked indeed. The pie was super tasty.
500g puff pastry
1 big butternut squash
200g ricotta cheese
black pepper and salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1-2tbs Kecap Manis
1. Precook the butternut squash. Cut it into small cubes and roll in olive oil, add lots of salt and black pepper. Cook the cubes in the oven in 200 celcius degrees for 15-20min so that they turn to brown and look cooked. You can do this phase on the day before and let the cooked cubes sit in the fridge and absorb all the flavours.
2. Cook spinach in a casserole.
3. Mix butternut squash cubes, spinach and ricotta cheese together. Add salt, blackpepper, nutmeg and KeCap Manis. Let the filling sit for a while to absorb the flavours.
4. Put half of the puff pastry in a large baking dish and form the base. Precook the base in 200 celsius degrees for 10min. REMEMBER to stick small holes in it with a fork so that it does not turn out to be to puffy.
5. Take the precooked base out of the oven and put the filling on the top of the base. Use another half of the puff pastry to cover the pie, brush the cover with some egg so that it gets a nice golden colour when it is cooked. Remember again to stick small holes on the puff pastry. Cook in 200 celsius degrees for 20-30min so that the pie looks golden brown and cooked.