We had a name party for our dear daughter and I wanted to serve something that would go well with champagne, preferably cheesecake as I have been banned from cheesecakes for 9 months due to the pregnancy food restrictions. Finally I can have as many as I want ( and I did have so many slices…because of the breastfeeding I just keep on losing weight so can eat like a champion :))
This recipe was a success. I got many compliments from the guests (one of them said that it was the best home made cheesecake ever 🙂 and pretty much the whole cake got eaten 🙂
This recipe will take 1 day as the cheesecake needs to sit in the fridge.
195 g Digestive/McVites biscuits
50 g butter
4 gelatin leaves
1 tbs lemon juice
200 g white chocolate
3 egg whites
2 dl icing sugar
400 g cream cheese
1 tbs vanilla sugar
1. Soak gelatin leaves in cold water for 5min.
2. Crush the biscuits and mix them with melted butter. Put the base in the cake dish.
3. Dry the gelatin leaves and let them dissolve into the boiling lemon juice.
4. Melt the chocolate.
5. Whisk the egg whites until hard and foamy and whisk half of the icing sugar (1dl) into the egg white foam.
6.Whisk cream cheese, sugar and vanilla sugar together. Add the gelatin liquid into the cream cheese mixture. In the end add the egg white foam and then white chocolate. Mix it well.
7. Pour the filling on the top of the base and let sit in the fridge for 1 day to get the best result.
Serve with champagne and berries 🙂