Well I think my love of cheesecake has become rather evident through this blog. I have, however, a bad habit of always following the recipes and I am too afraid to try something on my own. This time I thought I’d take a risk and create my own cheesecake recipe. I had after eight chocolate sitting in my cupboard and I knew they wouldn’t get eaten unless I’d bake something of them. Since pregnancy I haven’t been eating chocolate that much, only some dark chocolate or in fact when my best friend was visiting from Finland and brought Fazer orange dark chocolate I did eat quite a bit 🙂 But in general I haven’t felt like chocolate for ages so I wanted to use these after eights for baking!
I thought the after eight cheesecake recipe was super good and I wanted to share it with you! I will bake it again when I go to Finland next week to see my family and show my little daughter around!
180g cookies (chocolate cookies or digestive or Mc Vities biscuits)
3 gelatin leaves
150-200g After eight chocolate
370g cream cheese
1 tbs vanilla sugar or vanilla flavouring
2 eggs ( whites and yolks separate)
2dl cream (double cream -kuohukerma)
1. Crush the cookies and make the base by mixing the cookies with melted butter.
2. Soak the gelatin leaves in cold water for 10 minutes.
3. Melt the after eight chocolate.
4. Whisk sugar and egg yolks until foamy, add the cream cheese and chocolate and gelatin leaves that have been dissolved into warm water (2tbs or water). Add vanilla sugar or flavouring. Whisk the mixture well with the electric whisker as the after eight chocolate filling freezes and may become really chunky so whisk well!
5.Whip the cream and add into the mixture.
6. Beat the egg whites and add into the mixture. Mix well.
7. Pour the filling on the top of the base and let the cake sit in the fridge until the following day.
Serve with some coffee or dessert wine, this cheesecake is amazing, I can guarantee!