I have been enjoying cooking lately. I have been so excited to try all the new type of dishes I can make by using the ingredients I actually am allowed to eat. I have been using more quinoa, veggies, fish, seafood and all the nuts and berries. I will post a nice quinoa salad recipe for you soon but before that I want to share a simple but an absolutely delicious coconut wok recipe with you.
I have been happily surprised that my dear Aussie man even noted that he likes this new diet and is also excited to try new things. You know how easily you can get stuck with the same old same old and circulate the basic recipes you know.
Anyway cook this wok and you will love it. I served it to my father-in-law who has been visiting us in the UK.
1 regular onion
1 red onion
3 garlic cloves
1 red pepper
1 medium size zucchini
400ml coconut milk
200-300g tail on king prawns
200ml of rice noodles (precooked)
bunch of fresh coriander
juice of half the lime
1 tsp lemongrass paste (or one stick)
1/2tsp ginger paste (or a small piece of fresh ginger)
1 tbs sugar
1. Cut the onions and garlic and cook them in a wok until golden brown.
2. Add the coriander and juice of the lime. Cook for a little while.
3. Add the rest of the veggies. Cook for a while.
4. Add the coconut milk and all the spices. Cook and bring the coconut milk to boil. Reduce the heat.
5. Add the king prawns and rice noodles and cook until the whole wok is heated through.
Serve with beer! Enjoy!!!