I am terribly sorry about this huge blog silence. I have been extremely busy with all sort of things. This has been a tough week in many ways my baby has had cold for 6 weeks now and on the top of that she got her first ear infection this week. Bad sleeping and an unwell baby have definitely kept me busy night and day this week! Today I also got sad news that my dear grandma passed away. So sad but that is what life is like it starts and it ends. The most important thing is that we make most of the time we have. I am happy that I had her in my life for all this time and lucky to be able to bring back all the amazing memories of her -she really made my childhood special. I think to respect her memory I will share one Eastern Finnish recipe soon as that is where she comes from and Eastern Finland has its own very strong food culture.
Bad night after bad night I have finally recovered from the sleep deprivation and able to share a lovely fish pasta recipe with you. Simple but tasty. This is done Bill Granger style. It is super healthy and good. I am such a big fan of seafood and chicken these days that don’t even need any red meat. Cannot remember when I have bought some..I love how many amazing dishes you can cook with fish! Anyway, I try to share my next post a lot sooner! Hope you all are having a lovely weekend! It has been incredibly sunny here in England. Unfortunately I have been lying in bed recovering from my cold and fever so have only been able to enjoy the sunshine by looking out of the window. Light, sun and spring time make miracles anyway!
100g pasta ( I used corn and rice pasta)
2 cod fillets
1 red chilli (seeds removed)
3 garlic cloves
200ml dry white wine
handful of fresh flat leaf parsley
squeeze of lemon
1. Cook pasta.
2. Fry crushed garlic and chopped chilli in a frying pan until golden brown.
3. Add white wine to garlic-chilli mix and bring it to boil and let it boil for a couple of minutes.
4. Add cod fillet cubes into the frying pan and cook for 2 minutes. Do not over cook the fish otherwise it gets flavourless and dry!
5. Add cooked pasta into the frying pan. Mix well.
6. Add chopped parsley and hint of back pepper, white pepper and onion granules and a bit of salt too.
7. Squeeze half a lemon in.
Serve with lovely white wine and enjoy!